Monday, December 5, 2011

Tree of Hope

I'm angry. I cried and screamed at God and now I'm just angry. My parents and brother won't be able to come to our wedding, their visas were denied today. The house all the sudden feels tiny and the walls are getting so close to me. I escape. I'm in my studio sitting in front of blank canvas looking outside. The bright sun is blinding me and drying of the tears. I grab some paper. All  I can feel today is black and red. I cut paper, glue it. Black paint. I'm still crying. I grab some bark, some branches, I put them together like a puzzle. A Tree. It looks strong, branches reaching out to the skies, desperately calling for change, for hope. Are you there? Are you listening to me? I asked, I begged. Where are you? I cure the wood and glue it piece by piece onto the canvas. The anger is gone, the disappointment settled, the hope is overpowering all other emotions. The Tree shines in golds and whites against the dark angry background. Deep in my soul I have Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment