Thursday, October 4, 2012

My studio


NO WAY!!!! I am so so so excited!! Like super excited! 
I’ve taken over the dining room in the front of our house for my studio after we moved in a year ago but I knew that some day I would have to move into a small corner of that room to make a space for all the office furniture we were going to buy. James and I spent weeks in that little room in the past few months trying to figure out the best way to make it manly office/quirky studio looking space. We finally made a decision to order custom furniture, picked a sassy dark finish and... I could not commit. I was just not feeling that dark, preppy color in my studio. So today I told James what my dream for the room was: a small couch, lanterns, light colored furniture, YELLOW everywhere, my birdie, and other very quirky stuff and he said: We could just make a space for the computer 'here' and the room would look great! NO WAY!!! HAPPY FEET DANCE!!! I am so so so excited! My studio/his office will be done soon! 

For now you can take a look at what it looks like now :)


9 comments:

  1. This is a totally amazing space for a studio! So full of light, a window to see nature happening and crisp, clean walls. Perfect for inspiration and intuition! You are totally blessed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful, now all you have to do is name it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. what a beautiful event! i'm so happy for you!!! and how, i love the snowy photos that surround you! can i ask where they're taken from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica - the picture is actually available on the blogger template web site.

      Delete
  4. oh wow, your own "girlie" studio. Love how the light floods in. When will you get started on the yellow walls etc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are painting it grayish/blue with tons of yellow accents :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for all the sweet comments! I love this space. It makes me giggle every time I walk by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't wait to see the finished product!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, the white walls, the big windows, wood floor and cool ceiling ... what a fabulous space to call a studio! enjoy, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete