Wednesday, January 2, 2013

All because I am strong, courageous and full of love


STRENGHT * COURAGE *KINDNESS are three words I chose as my guides for 2013 after writing down an inventory of ups and downs of the previous year. I used to be strong, I used to be courageous, and I’m always kind (at least try to be). Yesterday I woke up in the morning and stood up tall and proud again. I knew the day was going to be good and it was going to start an amazing year. In less than an hour I was showered with love and kindness (post coming up) from people I didn’t even know. People that genuinely opened their hearts and poured love my way.
I sat down quietly, my heart pounding with excitement and fears and said a prayer: God you know me the most. You know my heart. You know my strengths and you know my weaknesses. God I need strength. Strenght to stand tall every day, not just today. Strenght to welcome courage back in my life. Strenght to welcome everyone with a kind gesture no matter how hurtful their actions are. God I need you. I need you to help me find the strength I somehow lost. It was a short prayer but it felt so powerful, cleansing, and hopeful. I gently cleaned tears of my face. Looked at my wet hands. The tears were purifying. Verse ‘I can do everything through him who gives me strength’ Philippians 4:13 came to my mind. I reached out for my tea and read my morning quote: ‘Live in your strength’. I smiled. Are you talking to me God?


Today I would like to invite you to visit a blog written by a very talented Karrlin Bain. I’ve been reading her posts for a while now and always find an inspiration in her words. Just make sure you have a cup full of tea/coffee and are sitting in a cozy spot – you are about to spend a few hours indulging in Karrlin’s addictive words.

10 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Monica,
    This is a beautiful message for me and for anyone that reads it! I love how your faith shines through and will be praying your prayer too if you don't mind me stealing it! I know you won't mind sharing. Lovely sentiments and awesome faith testiment! Also thank you for the kind words.
    Blessings ~ Karrlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monika!
    Happy New Year to you! What serendipity that was that you had just been opening up your heart, asking for strength and courage, and then looked at your little tea bag to see that very message!!! If that isn't a sign, I don't know what is! That's such a beautiful story. :-) I got goosebumps reading your post.

    I wish for you all the love and courage and strength for you this year. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica your post really touched me. Thank you for sharing. Loved your prayer to God. A great reminder that I need to talk to God more often. Blessings for the New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your post Monica. It has been along time since I said a real prayer and you inspired me to touch that part of my life again. I will also pray for you to have abundant love, courage and strength this year and always. huggs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Monica! Your prayer touched my heart as well as the scripture you quoted (which is one of my very favorites!). I love your words and I'm so grateful that I will get to travel (FLY) with you this year to watch them unfold and wrap themselves around you! May you receive MANY blessings this year!
    HuGGs!
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monika,
    Such a tender post. I wish you all of the strength you are looking for in 2013. I feel that there are many exciting things waiting in the wings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such wonderful to live by this year. I am glad that they are already leaving their mark this year and you are standing taller! Happy 2013 <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monika, what a beautiful and inspiring message. Thank you for sharing! Wishing you a wonderful year full of strength, courage, and kindness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully written. You are a very strong woman and with God, all things are possible. I love watching you stand tall and strong!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a heart-felt message, I just love the power of prayer!!! May God bless you with the strength and courage you need!!

    ReplyDelete